Products are the most important elements of your online shop. You should ensure that the information about products are well prepared and easy to read.
Product's information contains image, description, price, as well as attributes and product options. You should carefully prepare all the elements that are displayed on a product card.
- Images should have fitting size eg. width 700px - 1000px.
- It's worth to add a few product's images or add a close-up of product's important elements as the separate images.
- Best to add 3 - 4 images. If the further images don't provide an additional information, you don't have to add them.
- Images should build trust. Therefore, you don't have to be afraid to add images taken eg. by phone or with environment background. To show that a product is genuine is more important than the most beautiful image downloaded from the Internet or edited by smooth graphic designer.
- You can divide a description into 2 parts:
- first - in a few sentences describing a product,
- second - showing a product's detailed information.
- You should prepare a product's description by yourself. Selling a range of products, the sellers are often the specialists in their industry and it's worth to use a knowledge and experience. You can also write the most important information about a product and outsource the preparation of description to the people who deal with this professionally.
- Always read a description. On the one hand it's obvious, but it happens that a description is pasted from various sources and no one reads it before publication.
- Ensure that text formatting and readability are correct. Don't use unnecessary colors, boldface or other ornaments. It's impossible to distinguish anything.
- Avoid adding the additional images in a content, unless they provide a specific information and are directly related to a product.
- Don't repeat an information.
- When a description is well written,it has meaning for shop's positioning. However, be careful when using the company engaged in positioning. Very often, descriptions prepared by them, are technically correct, but don't have a substantive value. Don't forget that the customers are those who purchase your products and they should be put in the first place. If you don't like a prepared description, it's worth to pay attention to it. Real professionals are able to reconcile it. Besides, the search engines (including Google) can more accurately identify the true text from "prepared under indexing", benefits original content with a greater value for users.
Many retailers dream is to allow the customers to select all the options, attributes, variants on a product card. It would be ideally if in some cases the customers "build" their own product: determine the size, color, type of material, installation options or guarantee.
Such options should be used in measured and responsible way. If you sell B2B, the customization options may be more, because your customers are likely to have a greater knowledge of the industry. But when you sell B2C, you may want to simplify the options to a minimum.
Not only "mathematical value" has a meaning for the reception of prouct's price, but also the way it's presented. A price presentation can't be too complicated. A customer should be able to easily find out what he buys and for how much.
You should look at a product's description as a whole information given at a product card. Try to feel how the customers will react to your product's description. The way you present the information should correspond the way the information is read by a customer. There is no single method for a good description, but it's worth taking the time to make a product's description the best you can. It always pays off.