Adding orders through the WebAPI in the SOTESHOP 8 online store
We have enabled the ability to add orders through the WebAPI in the SOTESHOP 8 online store. This allows for a fuller automated integration with external IT systems while maintaining full compatibility with SOTESHOP software. Find out what WebAPI is and how to use it.
What is WebAPI?
Web API allows for an easy way to extend the functionality of both an online store and other web applications. We can use it to send product data, orders, and easily integrate software from different vendors. Learn more from the article: What is WebAPI and how to use it in an online store?
Description of WebAPI functions in SOTESHOP
The full list of data and functions that can be exchanged between SOTESHOP and another IT system using WebAPI can be found on the page: Documentation - WebAPI.
List of WebAPI methods related to adding orders:
- AddOrder - adds a new order,
- GetOrder - returns detailed data about the order,
- GetOrderCount - returns the number of orders in the store,
- GetOrderList - returns a list of orders,
- GetOrderListByUser - returns a list of orders for a selected customer,
- GetOrderByNumber - returns an order based on its number,
- GetOrderPayment - retrieves payment information for a given order,
- GetOrderProductList - returns a list of products in the order,
- GetOrderStatusList - returns a list of available order statuses,
- OrderProductSetType - data type for the GetOrderProductList method,
- SetOrderPaymentStatus - sets the payment status for an order,
- UpdateOrder - updates an order,
- UpdateOrderStatus - updates the order status in the order,
- UpdateOrderDeliveryNumber - updates the shipment number in the order.
Check out the full description: Description of WebAPI methods
Database vs WebAPI
Some programmers perform integrations with SOTESHOP software by using a direct connection to the database and reading/writing data directly to MySQL. This is an incorrect method that causes many problems. If the data model changes in the software, the WebAPI methods will be adapted to the change along with the program updates. By referring to the database directly, we have no awareness of changes and this can cause many errors.
Help from SOTE Devel Team
If you are integrating your SOTESHOP store with another IT system and have any comments or questions regarding the WebAPI integration, please contact us at email@example.com, we will be happy to help.
Set up your SOTESHOP online store for free for 14 days.
Check out the new version of SOTESHOP 8.
Recommended articles on the blog
Web API allows for an easy way to extend the functionality of both an online store and other web applications. We can use it to send product data, orders and easily integrate software from different vendors.
Title and description often decide how many people will click on your link in search results. Prepare individual titles and descriptions not only for the main page, but also for products and categories. Use meta tags as a promotional element for your online store.
Find out what SEO is, where the name came from and what the most important factors are that influence the position of a page in search results. A simple explanation and an effective tool for positioning shops and websites.